Unfortunately, emergencies happen when you have animals. We know how stressful it is when your pet is sick or injured, at Johnston Animal Hospital we are here to help!
If you have an emergency during our business hours, please call us at (919) 934 – 3511. Calling ahead allows us to prepare for your pet’s arrival.
If you have an emergency outside of our regular business hours, please contact:
4935 Raleigh Road Pkwy W
Wilson, NC 27896
1052 William Moore Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
Animal Poison Control
Pet Poison Helpline is a 24/7 animal poison control center. Their team of veterinary professionals is able to provide expert treatment advice for both large and small animals who have ingested poisonous materials.
The doctors and team members at Johnston Animal Hospital understand losing a pet can be stressful. Here are some tips to help reunite you with your beloved pet.
- Click the link below to report your pet missing to Johnston County Animal Services. Once your form is filled out the website will generate flyers for your missing pet. https://www.johnstonnc.
- The power of social media can work wonders, post on all of your social media accounts about your missing pet.
- Call Johnston Animal Hospital at 919-934-3511 to report your pet missing.
- Call other local animal hospitals to report your pet missing.
- Look into purchasing an ad on local electronic billboards.
If you are reading this before your pet is lost, then adhere to the wise saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Having multiple forms of identification on your pet is key to a rapid return. Microchipping is an internal identification where your contact information will be tied to the microchip’s unique ID code. If your pet becomes lost, veterinarians and shelters can use a microchip scanner to find out how to contact you. Name tags are also an excellent way to ID your dog. Did you know Johnston Animal Hospital sells personalized name tags? Stop by today to purchase a custom tag that will be mailed to you. Also, your pet’s Rabies tag can serve as a form of ID. Be sure you are placing the Rabies tag provided by Johnston Animal Hospital on your pet’s collar. The Rabies tag number is linked directly to your pet and can be used to identify your pet if it is ever lost.